Welcome to Drown Unbound, the English department’s graduate student blog!
This blog is a snapshot of our vibrant graduate student community here at Lehigh University. We focus on our investment in Teaching and pedagogical development, our departmental emphasis on Literature & Social Justice, our communal culture of support and Advice, and our enjoyment of the wider Lehigh Culture & Community—four different elements that make up grad life in Drown Hall.
Our posts include:
- information about upcoming campus events,
- tips for success at all levels of the graduate experience,
- meditations on teaching strategies,
- interviews with former students, faculty, and guest speakers,
- reflections on department panels,
- recaps of featured lectures and reading groups,
- thoughts on contemporary issues of social justice,
- highlights of neat areas on campus and within Bethlehem, PA,
- and more!
For current students, the blog is an opportunity for professional development and a space for reflection. For prospective students, the blog offers behind-the-scenes insight into what it’s like to study literature at Lehigh University.
Please get in touch if you have questions or comments, or feel free to comment on the individual blog posts to let us know what you think.